All UK residents have the right within the NHS to be registered with a Practice and see a doctor of their choice. We are pleased to register anyone who lives within The Stockbridge Practice Area.
Please visit Stockbridge Surgery and talk to our receptionist. Simply see our receptionist and ensure you have the following details
- Full name, including previous names
- Date and place of birth
- Last address
- New address and post code
- Last name and address of your previous Doctor
- NHS number - if not known (it is not the same as your National Insurance number) enquire from your previous doctor before attending to register
Ensure you include the name of your previous surgery in the UK, no matter how long ago you might have been registered with them, even if you have just returned from abroad.
In order to register for Online services which include the ability for you to:
- Order repeat prescriptions online;
- Book an appointment with a doctor over the website;
- View your medical record;
- Online consultation with the practice
We will require 2 Forms of Identification
Please note one form of identification must be photographic, ie passport/photo driving licence and the second must provide proof of address, e.g. council tax bill/bank statement etc. This is essential to ensure that no-one else incorrectly has access to your medical record.
Once you have registered you are welcome to have a new patient health check with either the practice nurse, or if on regular medication, a doctor, to establish your needs and requirements.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
Guide to GP services